Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Now It's Time to Say Good Bye....

Now It’s Time To Say Good-Bye…
To all of you who do not know the “NEWS”….. I made a decision to leave my program at Disney about two months early. Nothing “terrible” happened, and I did not get fired or anything horrific. I have already received my credits for this internship from my University and the rest of my three remaining months here were all uncredited time for me. I decided to come home and look for a job (I have some irons in the fire right now) and get everything sorted out before August. I figured in August, the job market won’t be as good (too close to beginning of season), and I will only have a week in between coming home and starting school to get settled, move, and find a job. I love it here at Disney but I feel as though my time here has come to an end. There were no more Disney classes open pertaining to my major (all the rest were entertainment classes), I tried to do the volunteer work I really wanted to do two nights a week, but I always worked on those nights, and I applied twice for job shadowing but got denied because of schedule conflicts (all of these things are normal because of the busy summer season. Most interns will work over 45 hours a week during the summer and have only one day off, so trying to schedule extra curriculars is often difficult). Sometimes, when life keeps handing you lemons, you have to make lemonade. So, I am taking my lemons back to Phoenix and making some delicious lemonade!

I am leaving in a week, and will be home on June 2nd. Don’t worry, I am still in good standing with Disney and can put them on my resume. I am eager to come home, see all of you, and have an amazing summer! I have really enjoyed blogging, so I am going to create a regular blog now just to keep people I rarely see updated on current happenings. Thank you all who read this blog and were interested! I will leave you with a few things I have learned here at Disney, and again, remember, “No matter how your heart is dreaming, if you keep on believing, the dream that you wish will come true!”…

Top Things I Have Learned in Disney World:
How to point with 2 fingers, not one
You can make up a code word about ANYTHING… (ex. wishing well=bathroom, the dungeon = the tunnels going to tea= taking your lunch break)
A lot can be accomplished with a smile…
Your customer (or in Disney terms, your guest) is your boss. Your goal is to make them happy and please them
People LOVE name tags. Hate to sound like a Seinfeld episode, but I think if we all wore name tags, the world WOULD be a MUCH friendlier place!
How truly and very important it is to go above and beyond!

Obviously, you all know I learned much more than that (hello, you have been reading my blogs for the past few months), but those are my few. Thanks to all of you again, and please keep an eye out for my new blog, I will send it when I complete jazzing it up!

Now it’s time to say goodn bye to all our company…
M-I-C (see ya real soon!)
K-E-Y (why, because we like you)
M-O-U-S-E….
love,
Fairy Godmother Pietrina


Here is a picture of me and my Fairy God Mother Friends! (can you find me???)

No comments:

Post a Comment